Financial Controller Apply Now
Finance - Full-time
Estimated Start Date: March/April 2021
Location: Athens, Greece
Augmenta is a deep technology startup that develops a state-of-the-art system that automates the most significant farming operations(fertilization, pesticide spraying, driving, etc.) by using cameras, edge computing & AI. Augmenta is a VC-backed company with activity all around the world and active offices in France, Greece, and North America. We are actively looking for a Financial Controller to help us become an efficiently-run multinational organization.
We are looking for a person that will develop robust financial processes and oversee all the financial operations of the company with the CEO. As a Financial Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, create budgeting protocols, review quarterly and annual budgets, manage accounting transactions, monthly review of “Planned vs Real” expenses, and the creation of PnL, BS & CF projections. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), a well developed financial backbone, and experience with risk management.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
The Financial Controller will report to the CEO.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an ambitious person capable of handling our financial operations with unlimited potential for professional growth.
Essential duties required to carry out this job:
- Document, monitor, and update accounting policies
- Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
- Review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
- Analyze costs and profits
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Build risk assessment models to evaluate investments
- Report on the financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- BSc or MSc in Accounting or Finance
- Fluent in English
We will appreciate it if you have
- A good understanding of legal and commercial contracts principles, procedures, and best practices
- CPA or CMA accounting certification
What’s it like to work at Augmenta?
Meet the people you’ll be working with here.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary with frequent, result-based raises
- Stock Option Plan
- Friendly pet-in-office policy
- Flexible Work Hours
- Medical Insurance
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team
- International and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing startup and the first real success story in Agtech
- Individual training budget for professional development
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service, and employment status.
Augmenta respects your privacy and is committed to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable law and our data protection obligations.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!